The Foundation in Engineering (FIE) Programme is designed for students who have successfully completed their SPM or equivalent level.
It prepares the pathway for students onto the various Bachelors of Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering Technology and Bachelor of Technology programmes offered in ICAM.
FIE is a complete academic programme that provides students the basic knowledge and necessary skills relevant to the respective degree programmes in engineering and engineering technology.
At the end of this programme, students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of science and mathematics in problem solving
- Practice behavior that reflect good values in the learning process.
- Apply analytical skills to interpret and solve problems.
- Communicate effectively in English.
- Candidate must pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia(SPM) / O-level at lease five credits including Mathematic and English OR
- Pass UEC with at least Grade “B” in 3 subject OR
- Pass O-Level with at least Grade “C” in 5 subjects OR
- Other equivalent qualification as recognized by Malaysia Government.
- Chemistry 1
- Physics 1
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Computer Application
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Chemistry 2
- Physics 2
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- English 2
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Etika & Moral
- Fundamental of Programming
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Safety, Health and Environment