About the Course Catalogue
This Course Catalogue contains information and major requirements about the Foundation course offered by the Department of Business Studies, New Era College Malaysia. You can therefore use it to plan your study at the Department.
- Students who do not satisfy the English requirement must sit for an internationally recognized examination and meet the needed score before proceeding to BBM/BAF program.
- A score of “C” or better in the SPM 1119 paper, or
- A score of six (6) or better in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) conducted by British Council; or
- A score of “C” or better in the Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) conducted by Cambridge University; or
- A score of “C” or better in GCE O levels.
FBS academic year is currently divided into four semesters – 2 long semesters and 2 short semesters.
- SPM 5 credits (C & above) with at least a pass in Malay & Sejarah.
- UEC 5 credits (B & above)
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Principles of Economics
- Introduction to Business
- Basic Business Mathematics
- Business Ethics
- English for Foundation Studies I
- Physical Education
- Introduction to Cost Accounting
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Statistics
- English For Foundation Studies II
- **Advanced Chinese Language
- Community Service
- Creative Thinking & Critical Thinking
- Study Skills
- Introduction to Finance
- Computer Application for Business
- Argumentation and Debate