Our course emphasizes on both theoretical and practical aspects to instill a community of early childhood educators that are caring, capable and full of passion.
Our course trains students to be qualified early childhood educators equip with professional knowledge, skills and positive attitudes. We also provide guidance for students to actively participate in teaching practice so as to allow them to apply their knowledge in their daily teaching life that enable young children under their care to reach their potential.
The early childhood education core subjects include:
Early Childhood Psychology, Young Children Development, Infants and Toddlers Care Practice, Principles of Early Childhood Educational Practice, Professional Ethics for Early Childhood Educators, Classroom and Behaviour Management, Special Educational Needs and Learning Disabilities, Pre-school Administration and Management, and others.
Other skill-based subjects taught in the course comprise:
Early Childhood Curriculum Approaches, Mathematics for Young Children, Science and Technology for Young Children, Teaching Language for Young Children, Young Children’s Literature, Art and Craft for Young Children, Music and Drama for Young Children, Practicum, and others.
- To be qualified early childhood educators recognized locally and internationally
- To be qualified principals of early childhood centers
- Able to operate and manage early childhood centers
- Able to operate and manage nursery and day care centers
- Able to design and plan early childhood curriculum
Minimum Entry Requirements
- SPM 3 credits (C & above) with at least a pass in Malay & Sejarah. Proficiency in Chinese preferred.
- UEC 3 credits (B & above).