The curriculum is broad-based with a balance of foundation and multidisciplinary modules to foster creative thinking, develop life skills, and enhance communication and business skills. Generally, the first semester allow students to gain a broad perspective of the course while the final semester focuses on specialised and practical training to prepare them for the working world. The courses are continually updated and enhanced in tandem with the latest developments and requirements in industry.
Through its rigorous curriculum, exceptional student development programmes, industrial attachments with highly regarded organisations, and dedicated teaching staff, PORTMAN and ATCEN Education Group has nurtured thousands of enterprising and well-rounded professionals who are ready to face the challenges of a dynamic business environment.
Excellent connections with the business community and professional bodies enable the College to keep up with current trends in the industry. Students can expect a high standard of training that equips them with the necessary skills and knowledge for the world of business, accounting, finance, management and tourism.
The College also features a number of flagship programmes, such as PORTMAN Business Club, PORTMAN Business TV, Biz Central and Ernie Chen Centre for Entrepreneurship to promote learning, innovation and entrepreneurship. Biz Central is a unit driven by our Faculty that helps our students realise their dreams and start their innovative businesses. Market study, business plan and on-going business development guidance is offered to PORTMAN College student ventures.
This programme is designed to equip students with strong communication and administrative skills, as well as fundamental knowledge of business administration including supervision and finance, applicable to varied roles in a cross-section of industries.
Upon successful completion of this one year programme, students will be able to demonstrate fundamental knowledge in the application of office communication, administration and accounting.
1 Credit in SPM or equivalent in any subject.
Year 1 - Semester 1
- CSC0100 Office Software Applications 1
- ENG0100 English Skills 1
- MKT0100 Fundamentals of Marketing
- MGT0100 Managing the Work Environment
- MPU1100 Malaysian Studies
Year 1 - Semester 2
- ENG0101 English Skills 2
- MAT0100 Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
Year 1 - Semester 3
- COM0100 Fundamentals of Business Communication
- BUS0100 Fundamentals of Business Practice
- MGT0100 Fundamentals of Event Management
- ACC0100 Fundamentals of Business Book-keeping
Choose ONE Only:
- MPU2100 Achieving Results to Succeed at Work
- MPU2101 Decision-Making at Work
- MPU2102 Positive Attitudes for Work
- MPU2103 Bahasa Kebangasaan A
Year 2 - Semester 4
- CSC0101 Office Software Applications 2
- ECO0100 Fundamentals of Business Economics
- MKT0101 Customer Service Skills
- MPU3100 The Malaysian Contact Centre Industry