- The degree provides students with a comprehensive grounding in accounting and fi nance within a solid framework of social science.
- The programme conveys an international perspective and refl ects the efforts and contributions from academics and professionals in the UK and Asia-Pacific.
- The subject guides provided for students are compiled by academics and researchers who are reputable and globally known in the fi eld of professional accountancy and fi nancial markets.
- The degree allows students exemption of up to two full units including Principles of Accounting and one non-specified unit if they are qualified in accountancy.
- Students graduating from 2008 onwards and who have passed the Foundation and Further units required by this degree or the BSc Banking & Finance are allowed by the Association of Chartered Certifi ed Accountants (ACCA) to claim exemption from certain ACCA modules.
- The degree qualifies students to sit for the prestigious ICPAS Professional Examination organized by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore (ICPAS).
Students with any of the following qualifications/certificates are eligible for admission to the UOL International Programmes:
STPM - 2 Principals (excluding General Paper) for admission to Year 1
A-Levels - 2 Passes for admission to Year 1
SAM - 5 Passes with score of 80% or above in each of the five best subjects for admission to Year 1
Ontario - 6 Ontario CPU acceptable passes, provided that at least 70% is achieved in each of those subjects
HELP Foundation - Admission to UOL (External) Programmes Year 1 (pass 4 UOL highly recommended subjects: Calculus, Accounting, Microeconomics, and Macroeconomics). Foundation certificates from other institutions in Malaysia may be considered, subject to approval from UOL)
BA Management (HELP) - Admission to Year 2 may be considered upon completing Year 1 at HELP University College (must complete four UOL-required subjects: Introduction to Economics, Maths 1, Statistics 1, Principles of Sociology or Principles of Accounting)
UEC - (a) 5 Bs plus 3 SPM subjects (non-overlapping) with credits (inclusive of English and Maths),
(b) 8 UEC subjects with credit but without SPM certificate.
All UEC applicants without SPM certificate must score TOP in English language such as IELTS (6.0 or above) or TOEFL (580 or above) with TWE (4.5 or above) or pass HELP’s Advanced English course in the Foundation Programme to qualify for admission to the UOL International Programmes Year 1
Other qualification/certificates to be considered:
(a) Achieved a minimum grade level of 70% in each of the 5 best subjects taken in the senior high examinations in their country of origin
(b) Attended at least 12 years of education in their country of origin and are 19 years in age or above at the time of enrolment with the UOL International Programmes
(c) Complete and pass 3 UOL-required subjects at HELP’s Foundation Programme: Advanced English, Calculus, and Critical Thinking Skills