Broadcasting and Journalism demands a combination set of skills and knowledge both in print and broadcasting. Broadcast copy is written to be read out loud by newscaster with more accurate words and sentences which compliments picture, video and audio leading to a perfect story. Print journalist must prepare themselves to write, report and deliver the content for print to be parallel with the emergence of new media. The television, radio and new media industry including cable TV systems, continues to evolve in exciting ways. As the news business moves more rapidly from the printed newspaper to electronic news, demands will grow for students equipped for broadcasting and journalism is politics, investigative, talk show, science and technology, entertainment and sports. The programme will equip students not only to hone their writing and editing skills in broadcasting and journalism but also to be more enterprising, inquisitive in order to stand out from the crowd.
- Pass STPM / A Levels with minimum 2 principals; OR
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation programme in related field; OR
- Pass Diploma in related field
- Any other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government
- Students with a recognized Diploma in related field will be given advanced standing into the Degree programme.