This new BA (Hons) Early Childhood Education programme, offered at UCSI University, Terengganu Campus, Marang will put early childhood education on the map and raise the skills and knowledge level of early childhood practitioners to degree level. UCSI University is the first provider of a degree in Early Childhood Education awarded by a Malaysian university. Come and study Early Childhood Education and earn a degree of national and international standing and quality in the Faculty of Education, UCSI University.
This programme offers the academic study of children aged 0-8, their families and communities. It is multidisciplinary in focus and aims to cross traditional boundaries between disciplines and professions in order to address the high levels of knowledge, skills and expertise needed in the early childhood education and care field. In so doing the intention is that future graduates are well placed to enhance provision and services for young children and to be potential leaders in the field.
The BA (Hons) Early Childhood Education is both an academic and practical programme of study, drawing on knowledge and understandings of early childhood found in theory and practice. However, this is not a vocational qualification. Underpinning the programme is a firm belief in the intrinsic value of the academic study, supported and informed by practical experience in the early childhood workplace, of early childhood in its own right and as providing a strong and necessary basis for work within the early childhood industry as well as for masters and postgraduate professional study.
The BA (Hons) Early Childhood Education will:
- develop a skilled and qualified graduate workforce for the early childhood education sector for Malaysia
- enhance expertise, reputation and quality in the discipline and practice of early childhood education
- make a contribution to Malaysia’s national and international reputation for early childhood education
*Discretion is given to Head of School to deal with borderline academic requirements.
Specifically, the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Education programme will prepare graduates for rapidly expanding jobs in various disciplines related to early childhood for example:
- Early childhood education, care and training in public and private sectors and settings
- Teaching in and leadership and management of early years settings – pre-school, nursery, child development centre, kindergarten, children’s home
- Early childhood educational policy, research, development and administration
- Early childhood educational resources – writing, publishing, distribution and sales
- Early childhood education technologies and new digital media
- Early childhood education entrepreneurship
For graduates who wish to study further, the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Education will lead to:
- Master’s in Education (Early Years, Management, Special Educational Needs)
- Master’s in Child Psychology
- Teacher training diploma
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.