At the Advanced Diploma level, the student specialises in cuisine studies and will develop a wider range of techniques including supervisory skills.
Aspire to advance on higher levels of the hospitality or Food and Beverage industries. Enhancing your analytical and observation skills, supervisory and management capabilities and people management proficiency. Be an all-rounder in not just culinary art and skills, but also in operational aspects.
The syllabus shall consist of Food Safety Operations Organisation, the fundamentals of Food Development and Human Resource Development which involve the hospitality industry in general and the operational aspects of it.
The students' skills are developed through the use of a greater range of commodities within the practical units. Additional generic units are introduced, such as budgeting, menu planning and dietary requirements.
Entry Requirement :
Diploma in Food Preparation & Cooking (City & Guilds, UK)
Food Safety Operations Organisation
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Safety, security & hygiene at work
- Quality assurance of products & organisation
- Product knowledge, development & presentation
- Cultural dimensions of food
- Material management
- Production systems, planning and organisation
- Billing & checking procedures
- Menu knowledge, policy & planning
- Food & beverage services
Human Resource Development
- Staff organisation in the kitchen & ancillary area
- Training & team development
- Establishing & developing positive working relationship in hospitality industry